THE Department of Health has reported 255 new cases of Covid-19 in Ireland and one further death. Significantly, Waterford has seen its largest increase in cases since the pandemic started – with 22 new cases reported today.
Despite that large increase, there are still just 2 positive patients in UHW and as of 8pm last night, 2 suspected cases
Of the cases notified today;
- 129 are men / 123 are women
- 68% are under 45 years of age
- 34% are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
- 69 cases have been identified as community transmission
- 156 in Dublin, 22 in Waterford,13 in Donegal, 11 in Wicklow, 9 in Limerick, 8 in Kildare, 5 in Clare and the remaining 31 cases are in Carlow, Cork, Galway, Kerry, Laois, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Offaly, Tipperary, Westmeath and Wexford.