The Department of Health has today recorded 575 confirmed cases of Covid-19 and 45 additional deaths.
There are 20 new cases in Waterford.
41 of these deaths occurred in February, 4 in January.
The median age of those who died was 84 years and the age range was 55-104 years.
There has been a total of 4,181* COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
There is now a total of 216,300** confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 272 are men / 298 are women
- 68% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 32 years old
- 218 in Dublin, 38 in Galway, 35 in Louth, 27 in Limerick, 26 in Westmeath and the remaining 231 cases are spread across 20 other counties.***
As of 8am today, 693 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 150 are in ICU. 37 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of February 20th, 350,322 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 219,899 people have received their first dose
- 130,423 people have received their second dose