The Department of Health has recorded 18 additional deaths related to COVID-19.
There are 761 confirmed cases today, 7 of which are in Waterford.
Of the deaths reported today 11 occurred in March and 7 occurred in February.
The median age of those who died was 81 years and the age range was 59 – 95 years.
There has been a total of 4,705 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
There is now a total of 236,600* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 383 are men / 373 are women
- 72% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 33 years old
- 372 in Dublin, 55 in Meath, 43 in Cork, 40 in Kildare, 38 in Offaly and the remaining 213 cases are spread across 19 other counties**.
As of 8am today, 274 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 63 are in ICU. 18 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of March 29th 2021, 819,676 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 590,688 people have received their first dose
- 228,988 people have received their second dose