The Department of Health has recorded 400 cases of COVID-19 and 7 additional deaths.
Less than 5 cases were in Waterford.
Of the deaths reported today 2 occurred in April, 2 occurred in March and 3 occurred in February.
The median age of those who died was 78 years and the age range was 62 – 89 years.
There has been a total of 4,737* COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
There is now a total of 239,723** confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 205 are men / 193 are women
- 72% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 35 years old
- 162 in Dublin, 61 in Kildare, 26 in Cork, 21 in Galway, 17 in Donegal and the remaining 113 cases are spread across 18 other counties***.
As of 8am today, 226 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 55 are in ICU. 11 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of April 5th 2021, 940,883 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 667,182 people have received their first dose
- 273,701 people have received their second dose