Waterford’s continued involvement in this year’s senior hurling championship is out of their hands but here’s how they can still make it through. Photo: Inpho.
Waterford’s chance of Championship survival
BY PHIL FANNING
Last week we outlined the various championship scenarios that might arise depending on a win or loss against Cork where our further championship participation was concerned. The loss on Sunday last has left our hopes hanging by a thread as we have mentioned elsewhere.
The situation now is as follows.
1. A win in Ennis will see us through if Cork lose or draw against Tipperary.
2. A draw in Ennis will see us through if Cork lose to Tipperary.
3. A narrow defeat in Ennis and a Cork loss to Tipperary could still see us through on score difference.
4. A Cork draw with Tipperary and a Waterford win in Ennis would see Waterford through.
5. A Cork win over Tipperary and the other four options don’t matter.